Saturday, January 06, 2007

Resolutions

All well and good not making any New Year resolutions, but it does leave you somewhat unfocused in the post-holiday lull. Yesterday I cleaned out my toiletries draw and for some strange reason even thought about vacuuming under the bed. Looking inward for inspiration clearly a new hobby is needed.

Now much as I hate to admit it (I do a little, honestly), there is something on my mind. The Beautiful Stranger – this lack of a name is causing me some real trouble, a struggle for closure one might say. I’ve had to turn the pillow over in search of a cool spot several nights this week.

This morning I tried picturing his face whilst saying random names out loud to see if any of them jog a memory (they don’t). Now need to stop doing this because worryingly it seems to be having the unwanted effect of wearing out my memory of his facial features. Soon all I’ll have to hold onto is his voice (a lovely accent reminiscent of home).

So here’s to my new hobby – put a name to the Beautiful Stranger. And it won’t take up too much time. Not only can I remember the street he lives on (why that and no name? a good question) but I know at least one of his favourite bars. So taking a daily walk (get more exercise) and encouraging a few more girls’ nights out (be more sociable) should be all that’s needed. Glad I haven’t settled on any of those old unattainable resolutions. Want this year to get off to a positive start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home